Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Satellite connects when 3 metres away, 10 foot but pulses white when 25 foot away

HuwRees
Aspirant

Satellite connects when 3 metres away, 10 foot but pulses white when 25 foot away

The RBK R is fine all connected the satellite is fine when less than 10 foot away in the same room but when put on the landing about 25 foot away it just pulses white. why would I want a satellite that has to stay within 10 foot of the router. Latest firmware is installed 

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Satellite connects when 3 metres away, 10 foot but pulses white when 25 foot away

@HuwRees wrote:

The RBK R is fine all connected the satellite is fine when less than 10 foot away in the same room but when put on the landing about 25 foot away it just pulses white. why would I want a satellite that has to stay within 10 foot of the router. Latest firmware is installed 

Pulsing white is supposed to mean "powering up."

https://kb.netgear.com/31030/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Orbi-router-and-satellite-mean 

How long does it continue to pulse white?

What is in the direct path between the router and satellite on the landing?

Message 2 of 3
HuwRees
Aspirant

Re: Satellite connects when 3 metres away, 10 foot but pulses white when 25 foot away

Hi there thanks for the reply. Its connected now. Took about 30 mins to connect the third time I tried. Direct route between the router and the satellite the first floor and a wall. No biggee. Thanks
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7