Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Satellite internet drops out or slows randomly

nickolausj
Aspirant

Satellite internet drops out or slows randomly

I am currently on 2.4.1.16 and have a router w/ single sat system. Now I am having an issue with the satilite randomly dropping connectivity to devices to almost no bandwidth. 

The satilite is currently 25-30 feet away from the router. I have moved it to 15' away to 45' away... 45' away caused it to loose it connection to the router itself... 15' makes no difference, I get the same odd bandwidth drop. 

Any ideas? 

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Satellite internet drops out or slows randomly

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Message 2 of 6
nickolausj
Aspirant

Yes, I recently factory reset it and I disabled UPnP, Daisy Chaining. I enabled beamforming. It's still dropping out. I have a lot of HUE lights, and sonos speakers, and nest security/cameras. 

It is still dropping out randomly. 

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

If you turn off the RBS, leaving the RBR online, does the devices maintain connections with the RBR? 

Possible your RBS maybe faulty...

Message 4 of 6
nickolausj
Aspirant

I have turned off my RBS and devices attached to the satelite have been dropped from the network. 

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like a faulty RBS. 

Try this, manually reload FW on to the RBS using a wired PC directly to the RBS web page. Then factory reset the RBS and re-add it to the RBR. 

If it still fails, the RBS will need to be replaced. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7