Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Satellite is not showing up on orbilogin or orbi app even though it is connected (blue light)

jojo2go
Apprentice

Satellite is not showing up on orbilogin or orbi app even though it is connected (blue light)

After having my Orbi for about a week, I noticed my speed test very near the satellite dropped from the usual 200 Mbps to about 50 Mbps.  I tried to reboot both router and satellite.  The satellite blinks white then goes to blue which shows the connection is OK.  However, my speed which used to be about 200 Mbps is still about 50-70 Mbps.  My speed near the router is still 200 Mpbs.  I went into orbilogin.com and my Orbi iPhone app, and both show no satellite connected (number of satellites: 0).  However I seem to have a strong wifi signal near the satellite (on the opposite end of the home), and the satellite did have the blue color that showed a connection.  But my speed is less than half near the satellite, and it is not showing up as a connected satellited in orbilogin.com or the Orbi app.  If I unplug the satellite, my speed drops to about 10 Mbps and wifi signal strenght drops (as I am likely connecting to the router at that point).   I am running the newest version 1.4.0.34 firmware.  Do I have a defective set??  Or is this a new 1.4.0.34 firmware bug??

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
jojo2go
Apprentice

Re: Satellite is not showing up on orbilogin or orbi app even though it is connected (blue light)

So, I uploaded the latest firmware again (1.4.0.34).  Still could not see the satellite in the software, but the satellite was connected as evidenced by the blue light on the satellite.  I did a hard reset (factory reset) on the satellite.  Then once powered up, I hit the syn button on the router first, then the satellite, and now it is recognizing the satelite and is now showing up as a connected satellite in the s/w.  At least right now, I am getting my full 200 Mbps speed at bot the satellite and the router. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
jojo2go
Apprentice

Re: Satellite is not showing up on orbilogin or orbi app even though it is connected (blue light)

Note, I seemed to have these new issues when I upgraded the firmware from 1.4.0.18 to 1.4.0.34.  I just downgraded the firmware back to .18.  So far so good... I can see the satellite again on orbilogin.com and the orbi app on my phone.  I am back up to 200 Mbps when I am near the satellite and the router.  If this stays like this for the next day or so, then I think it was a firmware 1.4.0.34 issue.

Message 2 of 5
jojo2go
Apprentice

Havingthe same issues after going back to an older firmware.  Any ideas?  Next step is Orbi is going back into a box and going to Costco for a refund!

Message 3 of 5
jojo2go
Apprentice

So, I uploaded the latest firmware again (1.4.0.34).  Still could not see the satellite in the software, but the satellite was connected as evidenced by the blue light on the satellite.  I did a hard reset (factory reset) on the satellite.  Then once powered up, I hit the syn button on the router first, then the satellite, and now it is recognizing the satelite and is now showing up as a connected satellite in the s/w.  At least right now, I am getting my full 200 Mbps speed at bot the satellite and the router. 

Message 4 of 5
jojo2go
Apprentice

After exhcanging my Orbi set for another, I not longer have this issues.  This appeard to solve my problem (and others I have posted on this site).

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7