Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Satellite looses connection to base

mbski
Guide

Satellite looses connection to base

Roughly every few days I notice my satellite with solid magenta color. This has been happening since new. (pre-ordered) I have moved it around to different locations 6 times, with same results. I have to power down satellite and then its fine again for a couple of days. Very frustrating that nothing seems to correct this issue. The solid magenta is defined as lost IP address? Can netgear respond and correct this issue?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello everyone

We have release a new firmware version 1.4.0.34 you may want to try and upgrade and see if this resolves the issue.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10

All Replies
k9kids
Guide

You sure it is a satellite issue? 

Message 2 of 10
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello mbski

Have you upgraded to the latest firmware? Have you tried to sync the unit again?

DarrenM

Message 3 of 10
mbski
Guide

Yes 1.3.0.12, and if you read my post, it states I have moved the satellite to numerous different locations which require it to be re-synced.

Message 4 of 10
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello mbski 

If you have tried pressing the sync button on both devices and tried moving the unit closer and still getting the same issues I would suggest contacting support so they can troubleshoot and figure out if its a hardware issues or not.

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

DarrenM

Message 5 of 10
aruit
Guide

I have the same problem with firmware 1.3.0.16.

Have you had contact with support?

Is your problem solved and how?

Message 6 of 10
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello everyone

We have release a new firmware version 1.4.0.34 you may want to try and upgrade and see if this resolves the issue.

DarrenM

Message 7 of 10
aruit
Guide

Hello Darren,

I have last week Thursday downloaded the new firmware 1.4.0.34 and rebooted both the Orbi router and satellite.

Until now, almost a week further, the problem did not occur.

When after next weekend the problem did not occur, I think that I can report that the problem is solved with the new firmware.

Kind regard,

Anton

Message 8 of 10
aruit
Guide

Hello Darren,

My Netgear Orbi is now running without the solid Magenta light problem, so this problem is really solved with firmware 1.4.0.34.

Thank you for the support,

Anton

Message 9 of 10
aruit
Guide

I was only looking at the Satellite, because that was my problem, and the light of the Satellite did not burn Magenta for several week.

But I was looking at the Router and I found the light of the Router burning Magenta.

In Netgear Genie I could not find the IP address of the Router, but I found the IP Address of the Satellite and I could ping to the Satellite.

With Wifi Analyzer I saw that both the Router and the Satellite where sending wifi signal and by walking from Router to the Satellite it was switching from signal.

The wifi of both are working, but still the Router is burning Magenta.

So the firmware update solved the Satellite to burning solid Magenta, but did not solve the Router to burning solid Magenta.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7