Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Satellite - network link down multiple times per day

somewhat
Tutor

Satellite - network link down multiple times per day

I have my Windows laptop connected directly via ethernet to my satelitte, however I've been noticing multiple link down issues each day since I cabled directly rather than rely on wireless:

Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I219-LM
Network link is disconnected.

Deciding to troubleshoot more eventually (it normally drops out at the worst time during work calls) I cabled in another Windows desktop to the same satellite unit (so different LAN port), and low and behold at the exact same time the link disconnects on my laptop, the same happens on the desktop:

Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet: The network link is down.  Check to make sure the network cable is properly connected.

To me this tends to point towards a defective Satellite unit - has anyone seen this before or should I just log a warranty call?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Satellite - network link down multiple times per day

Hello Somewhat

What firmware version are you on we have release the 2.0 update on the community if you do not have that. Also make sure you have mumimo and beamforming enabled in the advanced wireless settings of the orbi unit.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/OrbiOS-2-0-availability/m-p/1368730#M13446

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
somewhat
Tutor

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the reply.  I was running Router Firmware Version V1.12.0.18 and wasn't aware of the 2.0 release thanks - I've manually updated and will monitor it for the link drops.

Re "mumimo and beamforming" - these aren't enabled (default from memory) but note my issue is to do with Wired connections to my sattelite intermittently disconnecting so not sure this would be related??

Cheers

Message 3 of 6
madbrain
Luminary

I think I am running into the same problem with my printer, wired directly to the back of a satellite :

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Printer-wired-by-Ethernet-to-Orbi-satellite-has-24-packet-loss...

I'm on the 2.0.0.74 firmware already, though.

Message 4 of 6
somewhat
Tutor

Interesting, thanks!  I upgraded to V2.0.0.74 and unfortunatley no change, see screenshot - still dropping multiple times a day.

Surely can't be a common firmware issue, perhaps we have bad satellites?

Message 5 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

If you are still having disconnect issues after the 2.0 update and a factory reset send me a PM with your name, email, and phone number.

DarrenM

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7