Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Satellite refuses to connect to router

Nisheel
Aspirant

Satellite refuses to connect to router

Hello there,

I had a router+satellite system paried and working fine. I had to turn off my satellite as I needed to use that plugpoint. When i started it again, the satellite refuses to connect anymore (shows 0 satellites on the admin page). I have neither changed the placement of the satellite/router nor any setting.

I did a factory re-set also and powered on/off the satellite a couple of times as well as tried the sync button.... but no luck.

Basically when you turn on the satellite - it glows white a few times then the lights go away ....it DOES NOT give a blue ring to confirm a connection. After the white glowing goes away, i log into the admin page to check, but there is no satellite.

What can i do to fix this? Any help will be appreciated.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

The satellite could be on a different firmware version from the router can you try to connect a ethernet cord directly to the satellite and try to connect to it using 192.168.1.250 and then if you can log in do a manual update of the firmware.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Same issue here. Connected satellite through the ethernet cable to PC. I can ping the satellite using command prompt and I do get back a response. But when I try accessing the satellite using 192.168.1.251, I get connection refused. 

At this point, I am inclined to dump this PoS back at Costco and pick up Velop. Making satellite connect to router -- irrespective of different firmware should not be this complicated and hard.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

is the 192.168.1.251 the Ip you are using to ping that unit?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7