Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Satellite showing as disconnected on Web app but as Connected on iOS and is working normall

OlivierAlsace
Aspirant

Satellite showing as disconnected on Web app but as Connected on iOS and is working normall

Hi,

I have a RBK20 + 2 RBS20 (Basement and 1st Floor). Originally both satellites were connected in wifi and it was all good.

For a few weeks I have the following issue after having connect 1 (1st floor) of my 2 satellites in ethernet.

1) When connected to Orbi Router Web App, I can see that my Basement Satellite shows as disconnected.

2) When I connect to the iOS, I can see the Basement Satellite being connected to teh Router.

3) If I connect to the Basement Satellite using my web browser and the IP address, it work

4) When I look at the list of connected devices, it shows some devices that are connected which in fact are not and some not connected that in fact are (eg my NAS or the Mac I am using to write this post that have reserved address !)

I tried rebooting (both router and satellite), connecting teh 2nd satellite in ethernet, etc.. but no change.

I see similar issue and so wondering if a factory reset is needed ?

Thanks

Olivier

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Satellite showing as disconnected on Web app but as Connected on iOS and is working normall

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

Is Daisy Chain enabled? If it is, try disabling it. I'd power cycle the RBS as well after the RBR reboots. 

Message 2 of 4
OlivierAlsace
Aspirant

Re: Satellite showing as disconnected on Web app but as Connected on iOS and is working normall

I disabled the Daisy Chain and all is back to normal.

THANKS

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad that workied. Please mark your thread as solved so others will knowl.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7