Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Satellite solid white light after beta firmware update

ukwildcat4life7
Aspirant

Satellite solid white light after beta firmware update

Hey everyone...my orbi system did the firmware update ( beta firmware V2) the router updated and works just fine but the satellite just has a solid white light and is unresponsive.  Whenever I look in the settings my satellite isn't even showing up... I'm afraid my satellite got bricked of this new update? I tried doing a hard reset and nothing has worked.. can someone please help? any advise much appreciated..thanks in advance...

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2
ukwildcat4life7
Aspirant

Re: Satellite solid white light after beta firmware update

Nevermind...my satellite was indeed bricked by the beta firmware update.  First time one of my devices has ever been bricked :(.......not sure how it happened but my quess is that I should have moved the satellite closer to the main router before attempting to let the firmware update.  Kudos to Netgear support though; I called them early this morning and even though my 90 day complimentary support had expired they went ahead and tried to help me anyways.  In the end,  I end up having to do an RMA and will receive a new satellite unit for free since my hardware warranty was good for another 6 months.  All I had to pay was shipping.... will get the new unit tomorrow and hope everything works.......my orbi router is working fine though and I really like some of the improvements they have made!  Good job Netgear!

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7