Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Satellite waiting for connection

Grouper5
Initiate

Satellite waiting for connection

I want to update the firmware of my system but on the Netgear login page it says that the satellite is waiting for a connection. The satellite is performing fine. What do I do to update the firmware automatically and why can't my computer see that the satellite is connected?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 9
Whirlyblades
Tutor

I am having the same issue.  I'm also have conectivity issues.  I have rebooted them probably 10 times.  They'll work for a little while, then I have no internet connection and I get a solid magenta ring. I work from home and they have been stable for over a year.  There is something going on for sure!  Firmware is V2.1.1.16

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 2 of 9
Whirlyblades
Tutor

Ok, messed around with it and i discovered this.

My sattelite was showing disconnected so I deleted it from the list, Advanced\Administration\Attached Devices, and then resync'ed it. I'll post back if i still have issues, otherewise, figure everything is now fine!

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 3 of 9
Grouper5
Initiate

Will try

Message 4 of 9
bek1
Aspirant

I have this problem also.

Message 5 of 9
Whirlyblades
Tutor

I actually had the issue again today. Deleted the satellite and added it back and it fixed it again.
Message 6 of 9
bek1
Aspirant

I don't see to have a delete option there for the satellite. 😞

Message 7 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello bek1

Try to hold the reset button for 10+ seconds on the satellite then resync the unit.

DarrenM

Message 8 of 9
linkwrt
Guide

Put satellite near rbr router.

Reset satellite to factory defaults.

Wait to sync to rbr router.

Then you can move rbs satellite to other room.

Enable beamforming and mu-mimo.

@Grouper5 wrote:

I want to update the firmware of my system but on the Netgear login page it says that the satellite is waiting for a connection. The satellite is performing fine. What do I do to update the firmware automatically and why can't my computer see that the satellite is connected?

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7