Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Satellites drop all clients

SaturnV
Tutor

Satellites drop all clients

I have a RBR50 system with two sattelites.The firmware is V2.1.1.16 . Suddenly both the sattelites dropped all their  clients. The Router Software clearly showed that the Sattelites were connected to the router, and that the link was good. It required a hard power off /power on of the Router to clear the problem.  

This is a problem, since I have several Surveillance cameras hooked to the sattelites, and I lost connection to the cameras. What if I was on vacation ? How do I remotely force a reset of the Router to correct this problem ?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
Miles267
Apprentice

Am having this same issue with the new Orbi Outdoor Satellite RBS50Y on firmware 2.1.2.6. It accepts clients for approx 15-30 mins then requires a power cycle before it will again. Can reproduce this behavior consistently.
Message 2 of 6

Same problem here.

Afer some time the satelite dropps the clients.

Sorry if i missed your post here so i did post a simular post myself.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 3 of 6
tkshaffer
Guide

Add me to the list. 2.1.16. Strangely my roku was unable to be connected to any wireless when this happened as it appeared unable to break its connection to the satellite, yet the satellite dropped all clients. I am at wits end with the amount of time invested over the past month trying to just keep my existing setup up and running. Literally days of my life, and I have a completely default setup with orbi. I wish netgear would offer some sort of exchange for a new nighthawk or something for those of us with issues. I realize I paid far more for my orbi system but at this point I just want to stop working so hard to maintain connected devices.
Message 4 of 6
SaturnV
Tutor

I have been able to solve my problems by a hard reboot of the router, and the sattelites if necessary. However the problem is how do we handle surveillance cameras which stop functioning when we are on vacation due to these issues with the sattelite malfunction.

I wish Netgear would provide the ability to the reboot  the router or sattelites via software. which we would acess remotely.That would allow us to be be more tolerant of the quirks of the system.

Message 5 of 6
BigRedZ06
Initiate

Same here. I,m also on v21116. My Orbi has become useless. Everyday at least twice a day, I have to reset my satellites because all devices loose connectivity. This is not a new problem. It has been an issue for about 3-4 firmware revisions back, and they have yet to fix it. 

It worked great about a year ago when I purchased it. For the past 4 months it’s has become junk. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7