Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Satellites not showing in apple app

Bones53
Aspirant

Satellites not showing in apple app

I just noticed this issue today.  I have an rbr50 with 5 rbs50 satellites all hard wired.  I previously had 3 satellites for years and all was going fine.  I decided to add two more at the far ends of my home and for the past 2.5 months things have been working perfectly. I am using firmware 2.7.4.24.  Out of the blue today my sons xbox lost connection and after trying a few things I just rebooted the router by unplugging it and the modem.  It took maybe 20-30 minutes for the router to connect to the internet which was not normal at all.  But once connected everything was fine and my sons xbox connected. I then went and looked at the app on my iphone and it showed internet connection but no satellites were listed and not on the network map.  I then wen to the firefox browser and logged in on a pc.  It was extremely slow, maybe 4-5 minuted for the connected screen to load.  Once it did, it showed all satellites not connected but eventually they did connect.  Again this was not normal on how long it took.  I then looked on my apple app and till no satellites ere shown.  I then went to my samsung tablet and it showed all the satellites connected.  I went back to the apple app and no satellites.  I have waited 4 hours and still nothing with the apple app but with the samsung it looks fine.  The browser still seems slow and switches between good and disconnected with the satellites.   Im wondering is the firmware corrupted?  when I go into the individual  satellite with my browser, it loads as it always did, but when I connect to the router, it is still very slow loading.

Any susggestions???   The apple app is version 2.18.1.3

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Bones53
Aspirant

Re: Satellites not showing in apple app

I solved my own problem it seems.  I think the firmware was corrupted.  I ended up factory resetting the router only and everything works fine now.  The apple app maps the satellites and shows they exist now like they did before.

Question...is there a way to save the settings I have for the satellites?  I had to rename each one since they defaulted to the satellite 1-5?  I had to go to each one..turn it off and see which showed disconnected and then I renamed it.  It took time but was easy enough. But is there an easier way??

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Bones53
Aspirant

I solved my own problem it seems.  I think the firmware was corrupted.  I ended up factory resetting the router only and everything works fine now.  The apple app maps the satellites and shows they exist now like they did before.

Question...is there a way to save the settings I have for the satellites?  I had to rename each one since they defaulted to the satellite 1-5?  I had to go to each one..turn it off and see which showed disconnected and then I renamed it.  It took time but was easy enough. But is there an easier way??

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 3 of 4

@Bones53 wrote:

Saving the settings for the RBR50 router should handle that. It manages things that connect to it.

@Bones53 wrote:

I think the firmware was corrupted.  I ended up factory resetting the router only and everything works fine now.  The apple app maps the satellites and shows they exist now like they did before.

More likely to be corrupt settings than broken firmware. A reset won't mend firmware, but it will wipe corrupt settings.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7