Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Satellites stuck on config sync

williescout
Follower

Satellites stuck on config sync

With RBR50 in AP mode 3 of 4 satellites are stuck in config sync backhaul status.  My ISP is Comcast/xFinity and I'm using their gateway.  It's worked fine in the past.  The one satellite that connects ok is an RBW30 on firmware V2.5.04.  The other satellites and the router are on firmware V2.7.0.70.   I've spent hours with Netgear Support and have done multiple reboots, factory resets of everything, setting up each satellite one by one, wired sats to router, etc, etc.  All of the satellites connect fine if router is in Router Mode but then of course there is no internet connection - once the router is switched to AP mode, internet connection comes on but 3 of the 4 satellites go into "config sync".  I'm about to toss all of this Orbi equipment in the dumpster - please help if you can.  Thanks.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite, RBW30|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Satellites stuck on config sync

Try a factory reset on the RBS and RBR. Setup the RBR first in router mode. Don't connect the RBS. Configure the RBR for AP mode and get it setup with the host router. I use a static IP address on my RBR50. v70 and 192.168.#.50. Once the RBR is set up and tested to have internet services. Turn ON The RBS and I used the sync button in back and use the sync button on the RBRs add satellite web page. Had the RBS in the same room to let it sync. I have it about 5 minutes to settle in. I did see config sync once however upon doing a refresh on the RBRs web page, it showed connected on wireless. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Satellites stuck on config sync

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7