Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Sattelite RBS 50

Mustache-Novice
Aspirant

Sattelite RBS 50

As you can see from my Username, I am a novice.  I have an Orbi RBS50 Sattelite for my WiFi system (supporting Sonos).  the Orbi that's hardwired in works fine and my Internet access is fine near that Orbi.

But the sattelite unit only shows up pink (not connected) and the devices that should be using it for Internet access (TV, etc.) are showing connectivity issues.  

I can't tell if the unit is failing, the software needs updating, or I don't know what I'm doing ( a strong possibility), but it's good for you to know it was working fine a week or so ago.

It's also good for you to know that we are served by Cox for our home Internet and cable services.  They have been contacted and think it might be the Orbi system component(s).

Thoughts??

Thanks,

Mustache-Novice

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Sattelite RBS 50

@Mustache-Novice wrote:

But the sattelite unit only shows up pink (not connected) and the devices that should be using it for Internet access (TV, etc.) are showing connectivity issues.  

I can't tell if the unit is failing, the software needs updating, or I don't know what I'm doing ( a strong possibility), but it's good for you to know it was working fine a week or so ago.

Is it correct to assume that the Orbi system performed normally for a relatively long time until failing about a week ago?

i.e. months?

Can you look at the Orbi web interface, (http://orbilogin.net) and report how this satellite is described? type of connection - (wifi vs wired), and condition (good, fair, poor)?

Has anything changed? For example, have the Orbi router and/or satellites been moved? (even a few feet)?

Message 2 of 3
Mustache-Novice
Aspirant

Re: Sattelite RBS 50

I love my Orbi too - it's been great for about three years - no worries or problems.  Within the last two weeks, connections have slowed and now have stopped.  Nothing was moved in that interim, though I have moved the sattelite unit around to see if distance was an issue.

It is in good condition (not even dusty), but it could be a natural depreciation of the equipment - I don't know lifecycles for such.

The RBS50 is WiFi - not hardwired - though I do have another RBS50 unit that IS hardwired and serves as the first of the two Orbis I have in the system.

Mustache-Novice

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7