Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Sattelite is sometimes extremely difficult to reconnect with the Orbi IOS App Ver 1.6.16

SaturnV
Tutor

Sattelite is sometimes extremely difficult to reconnect with the Orbi IOS App Ver 1.6.16

I have two sattelites, and they appear to get disconnected quite often. It has been a hit or miss affair reconnecting them using the IOS app.

Last night I had to reboot the router and it was impossible to reconnect the Sattelites using the IOS app. Connecting the first sattelite would not work because the sattelite ring light would not go to solid white state as directed by the App. The App would not see the Sattelite to be working even though I  could see that the Sattelite was working by using a Speedtest. The App would not connect to the working sattelite! So I finally gave up on the App and just used the Speedtest to verify if the Sattelites had connected. I wasted Several Hours on these issues.Now after a significant time the App is recognizing the Sattelites. After the inintial sucessful installation the The App has been  a piece of junk!

I started using the Genie App via router login in, and it seems to be much better behaved.It recognized the Sattelites immediately.

My Appversion is 1.6.16 on IOS 11.1.02 and my firmware version is 2.0.74 on the router and both the sattelites.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Sattelite is sometimes extremely difficult to reconnect with the Orbi IOS App Ver 1.6.16

The app and genie are very limited in how they interact with the Orbi.  Recommend you connect to the router's GUI directly in your browser.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

The app and genie are very limited in how they interact with the Orbi.  Recommend you connect to the router's GUI directly in your browser.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7