Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Seamless roaming whether offer another way to achieve

Paradoxes
Initiate

Seamless roaming whether offer another way to achieve

Hi guys, I own Orbi RBK40, but according to tech brochure, internal network link speed between router and satellite is 833Mbps, that's means even I connect via Ethernet cable it can't run as maximum speed 1000Mbps, right?

So, my question is if satellite connect router with Ethernet cable, and place both stellite and router far enough that has a little overlay, can Orbi system still roaming seamless?

Thx.

Message 1 of 2

Re: Seamless roaming whether offer another way to achieve

@Paradoxes wrote:

Hi guys, I own Orbi RBK40, but according to tech brochure, internal network link speed between router and satellite is 833Mbps, that's means even I connect via Ethernet cable it can't run as maximum speed 1000Mbps, right?

So, my question is if satellite connect router with Ethernet cable, and place both stellite and router far enough that has a little overlay, can Orbi system still roaming seamless?

Thx.

hi you wont find a domestic router that will do 1000Mbps

the orbi at this stage does not connect via ethernet from router to sat

however no matter the wan to lan is still limited and you wont see 1000Mbps over ethernet never mind wifi

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7