Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Security Question Reset

Shogun1033
Follower

Security Question Reset

Hi,

I'm trying to login to my Orbi's router settings but my credentials aren't work. It's also not accepting the answers to my seucrity questions.

Please help!

Thanks,

Luis

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Security Question Reset

Alas, there is only one way to get into an Orbi if it does not accept the administrative password and the recovery process does not work: a "factory reset".  https://kb.netgear.com/31486/How-do-I-reset-my-Orbi-system-to-factory-default-settings 

Message 2 of 4

There is a bug in Netgear's implementation of password recovery on some devices. You can get locked into a closed loop.

If password recovery is enabled, but you have not set the answers to the questions, it keeps sending you back to the beginning of the process because you can't answer the questions.

If the standard factory password (password) does not work, then you will have to factory reset the thing to get back to that. Then either disable password recovery (check the manual for your device) or provide some answers to those questions.

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

I found that the Password Recovery definition screen can be misleading.  Each question is actually a "pull down" menu where the user has to actually "pull down" and select a question, even if it is the top question.  Once done correctly, the process works as it should.  (I have used it.)

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7