Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Security questions

janetschommer
Follower

Security questions

I don't remember using anything as a password other then the generic on on my router, but it won't let me in with that, so I put in the router IP and then the serial number, Now it wants my security questions answered which I put in what I thought was correct and it says I am wrong. How in the world do I get back in so I can see if there is an update for my router. 

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

Re: Security questions

There is a bug in some devices in Netgear's implementation of password recovery. You can get locked into a close loop.

If password recovery is enabled, but you have not set the answers to the questions, it keeps sending you back to the beginning of the process because you can't answer the questions.

If the standard factory password (password) does not work, then you will have to factory reset the thing to get back to that. Then either disable password recovery (check the manual for your device) or provide some answers to those questions.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

If you don't remember the password or security questions, you'll have to reset the device back to factory and redo your setup. Sorry

Message 2 of 3

There is a bug in some devices in Netgear's implementation of password recovery. You can get locked into a close loop.

If password recovery is enabled, but you have not set the answers to the questions, it keeps sending you back to the beginning of the process because you can't answer the questions.

If the standard factory password (password) does not work, then you will have to factory reset the thing to get back to that. Then either disable password recovery (check the manual for your device) or provide some answers to those questions.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7