Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Seeking instructions to connect Verizon G3100 router to Orbi RBR50

whatsayu
Aspirant

Seeking instructions to connect Verizon G3100 router to Orbi RBR50

I've found a few similar situations described here to what I want to do.  Has anyone successfully connected their Orbi RBR50 to the Verizon G3100 router used with Fios TV One?  The Verizon router is okay as long as you're within a close approximity.  But lacks speed once beyond that point, like on a second floor.  Because of that I want to be able to connect to the Orbi network for laptop, phone and my other wireless devices.  This is a new service and I've been using my Orbi with 1 satellite happily until now.

Verizon Fios TV One requires this router be used with their service (TV and internet).  I have Verizon's ONT box (Arris ONT1000GI4) with coaxial out (required) to the Verizon router.

Does anyone have a link or can explain some detailed instructions I can follow to make it work?

Thanks in advance.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Mstrbig
Master

@whatsayu wrote:

I've found a few similar situations described here to what I want to do.  Has anyone successfully connected their Orbi RBR50 to the Verizon G3100 router used with Fios TV One?  The Verizon router is okay as long as you're within a close approximity.  But lacks speed once beyond that point, like on a second floor.  Because of that I want to be able to connect to the Orbi network for laptop, phone and my other wireless devices.  This is a new service and I've been using my Orbi with 1 satellite happily until now.

Verizon Fios TV One requires this router be used with their service (TV and internet).  I have Verizon's ONT box (Arris ONT1000GI4) with coaxial out (required) to the Verizon router.

Does anyone have a link or can explain some detailed instructions I can follow to make it work?

Thanks in advance.

Connect a network cable from the Verizon router LAN port to the Orbi router WAN port. Reset the Orbi router to avoid issues. 

Install the Orbi router in AP mode and let the Verizon router handle all DHCP.

It would be a good idea to disable WIFI on the Verizon router as well, as the close proximity of 2 WIFI networks could cause interference. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Mstrbig
Master

@whatsayu wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Connect a network cable from the Verizon router LAN port to the Orbi router WAN port. Reset the Orbi router to avoid issues. 

Install the Orbi router in AP mode and let the Verizon router handle all DHCP.

It would be a good idea to disable WIFI on the Verizon router as well, as the close proximity of 2 WIFI networks could cause interference. 

Message 2 of 3
whatsayu
Aspirant

Concise, no BS, and extraordinarily effective.

Worked perfectly.  Thank you sir.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7