Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Service unreachable when doing a web page firmware update

Gudel2
Apprentice

Service unreachable when doing a web page firmware update

I dont know what happen about 2 days ago when doing a firmware update via web page for my router I get service unreachable.

I have done factory reset 3 times and still the problem persits.

Is this a problem on my end or Netgear?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 11
mrfranc
Apprentice

Re: Service unreachable when doing a web page firmware update

Same here, Netgear problem it seems.

Message 2 of 11
CrimpOn
Guru

Same here. Poor Netgear.  "When it rains, it pours."

Message 3 of 11
DSC_1234
Aspirant

Having the same issue, it’s all annoying! My orbi also keeps going offline!
Message 4 of 11
vajim
Master

@Gudel2 wrote:

I dont know what happen about 2 days ago when doing a firmware update via web page for my router I get service unreachable.

I have done factory reset 3 times and still the problem persits.

Is this a problem on my end or Netgear?

This could be a good thing 

Message 5 of 11
CrimpOn
Guru

@DSC_1234 wrote:

Going off-line could be the Daylight Saving Time issue that began 9 days ago. (There are many posts on this forum about it.)

Turning off Traffic Meter will fix it. (On the Orbi web interface, Advanced Tab, Advanced Setup, Traffic Meter.)

Message 6 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Happening on Orbi AX as well. Probably a NG service issue. Someone contact NG support to let them know. Nothing that can be done here in the forums about it 

@Blanca_O 

Message 7 of 11
l8nc
Apprentice

@CrimpOn wrote:

@DSC_1234 wrote:

Going off-line could be the Daylight Saving Time issue that began 9 days ago. (There are many posts on this forum about it.)

Turning off Traffic Meter will fix it. (On the Orbi web interface, Advanced Tab, Advanced Setup, Traffic Meter.)

You can either turn off traffic meter OR DST (if you turn off DST and want correct local time, then just pick a timezone east of your current one).

I'm having the same issue with firware update - though I wonder if this is an attempt to prevent Orbi routers from auto-updating into v104 firmware while v105 is under test (a few users have received advance copies for testing).

Message 8 of 11
CrimpOn
Guru

@l8nc wrote:

I'm having the same issue with firware update - though I wonder if this is an attempt to prevent Orbi routers from auto-updating into v104 firmware while v105 is under test (a few users have received advance copies for testing).

Interesting possibility.  Seven days remain in the month.  Wonder which will happen first, (a) Netgear releases "fixed firmware", or (b) the problem goes away because Traffic Meter moves to the next month?

Message 9 of 11
l8nc
Apprentice

@CrimpOn wrote:

@l8nc wrote:

Interesting possibility.  Seven days remain in the month.  Wonder which will happen first, (a) Netgear releases "fixed firmware", or (b) the problem goes away because Traffic Meter moves to the next month?

I don't think having the traffic meter moving to next month is related. Note that even with TM disabled, there are still traffic reporting statistics available.

Message 10 of 11
CrimpOn
Guru

@l8nc wrote:

I don't think having the traffic meter moving to next month is related. Note that even with TM disabled, there are still traffic reporting statistics available.

Hmmm. Not on my Orbi (see attached image).  All the traffic meter stats are zeros.

My reasoning is that when Orbi is busy updating Today, This week, This month that error caused by Daylight Saving Time would play havoc with "something".  When this month moves to last month (April 1), Daylight Saving Time will have no impact on April.

I guess the "proof of the pudding" would be to enable Traffic Meter on April 1 and see what happens.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7