Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Set new PW and doesn't work

VLara
Follower

Set new PW and doesn't work

I changed my PW online while the ORBI RBR20 was still connected to my Apple laptop.

Confirmed the new PW and all looked like it was saved. Then proceeded to try and use the RBR20 but it kept saying wrong PW...... tried using the original factory PW, the old PW , and the newest PW but nothing works. I cannot check the PW since I can't connect to the RBR20 !! What to do??

Thanks

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Set new PW and doesn't work

If at the time you changed the password you checked the "Enable Password Reset" box, selected the two questions (pulled down the menu and clicked on choices), and filled in answers, then you can try to log in three times and the fourth time the Orbi will take you to the password reset page.  It works.  I have done it.  It also does not work if you did now actually "pull down".  Just typing in answers to the two questions that are in the boxes does not.  (In my experience, you have to pull down and select, even if you select the top question.)

Otherwise, the only option is to "factory reset" the Orbi.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7