Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Setting up Orbi

Butch1953
Follower

Setting up Orbi

Just purchased at Best Buy - tried setting up yesterday evening. Followed setup and all was going good until went to web site to set up master unit. When it searched for my cable modem it couldn't find. Did all the usual swapping cables, powered down & reseting modem multiple times, powered down orbi etc. it never could find the cable modem. Modem has worked with a Lynksys E3000 wireless router for 2-3 years. Internet provider is Charter - cable type - modem is a Cisco DPC3208. About ready to take back to Best Buy but thought I would see if there is a fix?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Setting up Orbi

Hello Butch1953

Any luck with the modem? There is no settings you should have to change on orbi should be able to plug your internet connection in the internet port of the orbi.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
Papaj1962
Aspirant

I am having problem setting up my Orbi RBK50 with my Virgin Media Hub 3, everything starts ok, but then the orbi says it has not internet connection, by when I plug my PC directly in the Hub 3 which I have switch to a modem it works fine, is there a block somewhere between the Orbi and my Hub 3

Message 3 of 5
thedak
Apprentice

try to power cycle your cable modem.  Often the cable modem will only accept one MAC address and stays bound to that until you power cycle it.  The other approach is to clone the PC MAC address in the Orbi setup, but the former usually works fine.

Message 4 of 5
fljoemon
Guide

+1 on what @thedak said .. extremely important to power cycle the cable modem and even take out the backup battery from the cable modem if it is there. Wait for 30 seconds and re-power it back up and then insert the battery you took out. This will work and then you can set up the Orbi as usual.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7