Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Setup Sync RBS40 to RBK40

fargoboyle75
Guide

Setup Sync RBS40 to RBK40

Just a tip for those trying to add a RBS satellite to a RBK40, I found the instructions are not correct, firstly it says power on and wait for 2 minutes for a solid white. I never got a solid white, just the fading white then magenta colour - the unit seemed to be trying to sync straight away from powering on. I continued regardless, I used the website to sync so put my unit in a corner of the house, next floor up from the router, pressed sync on the RBS40 then pressed sync onscreen as instructed, this failed numerous times. I didn't want to move the unit closer as this meant unplugging trying again then if successful with sync having to unplug again and move the unit back to where I want it and trying to sync again in the place where it didn't sync initially.

So getting frustrated I then decide to ignore the instructions and hit sync on the RBS40 and hit sync on the back of the router (ignoring the sync onscreen) and finally they sync. Success.

The whole setup process of these Orbi's is very poor, I had problems with my original RBK40 units trying to sync them (havig to move them closer and closer until I got the magical blue light). Ironically I used the web interface instead of the app as I'd read that was problematic with setting up, syncing (maybe the have sorted out the app) but surely provide the user with correct information in the first place.

It's a good piece of kit and I have had very little problem with since buying 6 months ago, but as for setting up it's the worst I've experienced and I've been through quite a few routers, superhubs, repeaters over the years.

Anyway hopefully this might help another user trying to setup their kit

Model: RBS40| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi (Add-on Satellite)
Message 1 of 2
do33grs
Aspirant

Re: Setup Sync RBS40 to RBK40

I’m going to try this tomorrow. Great tip!
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7