Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Should I correct the date/time on my router?

Ken2122
Tutor

Should I correct the date/time on my router?

I just bought a new router. I am troubleshooting an intermittent problem with WiFi disconnects. I noticed under the Advanced/Administration/Log section, the date is correct but the time is incorrect (off my 1 hour). I then clicked on NTP settings and the timezone is set to GMT Bogota, Lima?

This probably has nothing to do with my problem but if I correct the timezone, will it cause any strange problems that you have encountered in the past? As a note, I have the RBR50, V2.3.5.30

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Should I correct the date/time on my router?

If you have not made any settings that depend on knowing the time, then there is no urgency to make the time exact.

However, changing the time will not cause any problem and I prefer to have the time be correct.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

If you have not made any settings that depend on knowing the time, then there is no urgency to make the time exact.

However, changing the time will not cause any problem and I prefer to have the time be correct.

Message 2 of 3
Ken2122
Tutor

Thanks. I corrected the timezone, all is well.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7