Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Should I enable daisy chain?

Deihmos
Guide

Should I enable daisy chain?

I have the RBK50 and 1 satelite. Should I enable daisy chain? From everything I have seen it is only used if you have 2 satelites. I am experiencing some issues where the router slows down and has to be rebooted to fix. I have the most recent firmware and have already tried a reset.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 12
Placesandspaces
Apprentice

Who is your isp through?
Message 2 of 12
Deihmos
Guide

Verizon fios.

Message 3 of 12
ekhalil
Master

Daisy Chain is not needed if you only have one satellite. It's better to have it disabled in this case.

If you have issues with slow speeds -and you're sure the issue is in Orbi and not and ISP issue- then please check the following:

1. Radio channels used: please select fixed 2.4 and 5 GHz channels that are not or least used by your surrounding. Please make a wifi scan and see which channels are being used by your neighbors and select different channels if possible.
  2. What wired devices do you have connected to Orbi?
  3. Do you see the slow internet both in wired and wireless devices? Both with devices connected to the router as well as to the satellite?
Message 4 of 12
Placesandspaces
Apprentice

Also Netgear has a WiFi analyzer app you can use to see what channels are best to use in your neighborhood (I think it is only for Android devices though but very good). I had to do a reset through my ISP so it could clear up any connection issues along with rebooting my own modem, router, and Orbi system. Start with your ISP first to make sure no issues on there end then start checking your own set up until you can pinpoint the issue(s). Also did you customize your Orbi during the set up or did you use the smart wizard to do it for you?
Message 5 of 12
biodieselman
Aspirant

I can't find the Netgear wifi Analyzer app for IOS. Can you help me out please? 

I have the ORBI app but that does not analyze surrounding WIFI networks to look at interference...

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 6 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

It's NetGear WiFi Analytics on my Galaxy Tab S2. 

@biodieselman wrote:

I have the ORBI app but that does not analyze surrounding WIFI networks to look at interference...

Message 7 of 12
ekhalil
Master

A good wifi analyser for IOS devices is in Apple Airport Utility, a free Apple app.
Message 8 of 12
Placesandspaces
Apprentice

I think it is actually called Netgear Analytics. You can access it through the Google Playstore on Android devices. I don’t think it is available through IOS.
Message 9 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

It appears as WiFi Analytics on my Samsung with the NG "N" in the app icon. 

@Placesandspaces wrote:
I think it is actually called Netgear Analytics. You can access it through the Google Playstore on Android devices. I don’t think it is available through IOS.

Message 10 of 12
Placesandspaces
Apprentice

That is the correct one. Very good app to help determine what the best WiFi channel is in your area.
Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know if the app helps you with your channelization. 

@biodieselman wrote:

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7