Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Should I upgrade firmware from 1.8.0.6?

MeanRegression
Follower

Should I upgrade firmware from 1.8.0.6?

My setup is working great but I am running on the firmware that came out of the box (v1.8.0.6)

After reading many of the posts about firmware issues I am thinking of staying on this older version.

What am I missing out on?

Be great to hear everyone's recommendations on whether to upgrade or not.

Thanks!

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Should I upgrade firmware from 1.8.0.6?

Some are having great experiences wtih v32 and v44. Seems to be one known issue with Traffic Meter not working correctly on latest versions. Haven't see much else other than configuration issues with different systems. 

FYI, to even begin to update, you'll need to FIRST update your RBS's to v2.0.0.74 then the same with the RBR. Once you graduate here, you'll need to apply v32 or v44 to the RBS then apply v212 then v32 or v44 on the RBR. v212 is needed to get upgraded to anything past v212. You need to manually download ALL these files for each unit and apply them using a wired PC and Firefox or Opera browser to ensure they are applied correctly. Just be sure to update the RBSs first before the RBR at each stage.

There is some hassle getting your system updated from such older FW. Smiley Frustrated

@MeanRegression wrote:

My setup is working great but I am running on the firmware that came out of the box (v1.8.0.6)

After reading many of the posts about firmware issues I am thinking of staying on this older version.

What am I missing out on?

Be great to hear everyone's recommendations on whether to upgrade or not.

Thanks!

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7