Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Show location of all wifi devices seen with 3 orpi routers.

PaulMD79
Follower

Show location of all wifi devices seen with 3 orpi routers.

When I buy 3 Orbi routers is it possible to get the exact locations of all wifi divices around on a map? With at least 3 routers it should be possible to calculate the position of my phone or tablet with wifi position triangulation?

Is there software available that I can use with 3 orpi routers? I am planning to install 3 routers and all are 15m from each other in a triangle (two located inside my home at the outdoor wall and one located outside my home in the garage).

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2
tuzzanti
Aspirant

Re: Show location of all wifi devices seen with 3 orpi routers.

There is no Map.  You just need to play around with it and test speeds.  Here is my expereince:

I origionally wanted a MESH solution to cover my 5,500 sqft house and a large court yard and patio.

I purchased the Costco Orbi solution which includes 2 satalites and router.  After about an hour of finding the best locations for the satalites we get the full throughput from our cable modem 300mbs in every room in the house.

We have six kids and always have people at the house.  Its common to have about 35 devices on the network.  We have just about everything including Apple, Samsung, PS4, Xbox, Chromcasts, AppleTV, Windows, Mac, Nest, Google Home, Printers,  and variety of TV's etc..  

I have yet to find a device that doesn't play well with the Orbi.  We rarely see sluggishness and in the month that we have owned the Orbi, we have not had to reboot it which is very uncommon when compared aginst the number of other Wifi systems we have owned.

I was origionally looking for a true MESH solution like Google Wifi but the Orbi's seperate Wifi attennas intrigued me.  Each Orbi gets great distance which makes the MESH not necessary although I wish Netgear didn't market this as a MESH solution.  

Its an expensive solution but if your Wifi is important to you... I would totally recommend.  Hope this helps,

Tim

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7