Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Showing two networks on RBR50 with satellites

Markliley
Aspirant

Showing two networks on RBR50 with satellites

Hello

i have the RBR50 two outdoor satellites and one indoor satellite which has worked perfectly until I connected another satellite in another house.

The new satellite shows full signal on ORBl network but in the other house it shows ORB1

on a different network.

also it is only showing 2.4 .nothing connected on 5 

when i look at the map of connected satellites it shows they are all disconnected.

but if I go to orbi login it shows them to be  connected.

your help would be greatly appreciated .

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Showing two networks on RBR50 with satellites

Perhaps it would be worthwhile to describe how you added this last satellite (web site, sync button, etc.) 

Was it added (synched) before being placed in the other house?

And, just to be clear, this "other house" is adjacent to the main house?

Do you recognize this other WiFi system?  Many of my neighbors have left their WiFi the way it came from their ISP, like many people leave their Orbi's with the factory name, something like ORBI47.  But others have personalized names as mine does.  So, I have gotten used to seeing the same WiFi networks any time I do a scan.

My first step would be to confirm it is the same satellite by comparing the MAC address in the two methods used to look at status.

When you are in the other house and connect a device, (1) does it connect to your WiFi network and function correctly? (2) When you are in the same room as this new satellite, is the signal strength really good?

Message 2 of 5
Markliley
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply.

The sync was from the second house and the signal is very good.

I do not understand why there is now two networks and no 5ghz and does not show on the network map but as an accessory.

regards

mark

Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Well, the Orbi "app" is a mystery to me.  I tend to believe what I see on the Orbi web interface.

So, when you take a 5G capable device (like a modern smart phone) to that house and connect, the Orbi web interface shows it connected at 2.4G ?

Message 4 of 5
Markliley
Aspirant

Yes it does.

and what I don’t understand is the satellite that gives a seperate network that I can not find the password for says ORBI80 where the original network says ORB180.

i have tried changing it to1 but makes no difference.

i will move everything into the same room and reset.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7