Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Signal direction on RBK50

LeifA
Apprentice

Signal direction on RBK50

Hi!

Where is the signal strongest on the RBK50 mesh router/satellite? Due to the cables I have my master satellite with the frontside facing into a wall, the cabel connection side facing the room. Is that a problem?

Regards

Leif

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Signal direction on RBK50

@LeifA wrote:

Where is the signal strongest on the RBK50 mesh router/satellite? Due to the cables I have my master satellite with the frontside facing into a wall, the cabel connection side facing the room. Is that a problem?

It is not a problem.  Not particularly "attractive", but functionally exactly the same.

The FCC filing for the RBR50 shows the pair of user device dipole antennas which are vertical on the left and right side of the chassis.

https://fccid.io/PY316200341/Internal-Photos/Internal-Photos-RBR50-RBS50-rev-pdf-3926901.iframe 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
vajim
Master

I won't think this is a problem since the sat probably uses some sort of omni directional signal.

Using the pc login you can monitor what devices are going through the sat and keep an eye on their performance

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

No. Just placement is and distance is key. 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

@LeifA wrote:

Hi!

Regards

Leif

Message 3 of 6
vajim
Master

@FURRYe38 wrote:

No. Just placement is and distance is key. 

No?  

He was asking about the way the sat faces.....thoughts?

Message 4 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@LeifA wrote:

It is not a problem.  Not particularly "attractive", but functionally exactly the same.

The FCC filing for the RBR50 shows the pair of user device dipole antennas which are vertical on the left and right side of the chassis.

https://fccid.io/PY316200341/Internal-Photos/Internal-Photos-RBR50-RBS50-rev-pdf-3926901.iframe 

Message 5 of 6
LeifA
Apprentice

Thank's!

Then I can keep it facing the wall. Not estetichal but necessary due to narrow shelf.

Leif

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7