Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Sky Q TV connects to orbi network, but then drops out

AMExtreme
Aspirant

Sky Q TV connects to orbi network, but then drops out

I have set up an orbi network, successfully connected all my devices, except my sky Q box. The sky Q box initialliy connects to the orbi network, and then finds my BT home hub (acting as a gateway to the internet), and connects, and connects to the internet. All good. After about 5 mins it loses the internet connection and trys to reconnect... it then loses access to the BT Home hub (going through the Orbi router) and therefore loses network connection - and can't re-establish. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
AMExtreme
Aspirant

Re: Sky Q TV connects to orbi network, but then drops out

All sorted. Turns out it was a setting on Sky Q which was causing the problem. I needed to have the standby mode on each box set to ECO and not to Active. Why that would impact comms on the network I have no idea, but it was worked perfectly since then!!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello AMExtreme

Do you need any port forwarding for the sky box? also are you bridging the modem or running orbi in access point mode?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
AMExtreme
Aspirant

All sorted. Turns out it was a setting on Sky Q which was causing the problem. I needed to have the standby mode on each box set to ECO and not to Active. Why that would impact comms on the network I have no idea, but it was worked perfectly since then!!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7