Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Sky Q system on either V1.10.1.2 &V1.9... poor wifi

LeBullet
Apprentice

Sky Q system on either V1.10.1.2 &V1.9... poor wifi

Hi Guys,

My Sky Q Silver system and 2 Sky Q mini boxes have worked flawlessly for the last few months with Orbi, despite other system issues (iPad, and few other things), but overall, been very pleased.

My wife complained that one of our Sky Mini boxes wasn't working very well this last 2 weeks, and I've tried several things, changed wireless channels, put port reservations in for all the Sky Q boxes etc, etc, but still really sporadic and very, very slow wifi performance of the Sky Q boxes.

tonight, I got really brassed off with, and downgraded it to V1.8.0.6 and et voila, the Sky Q boxes are flying once again.

No idea what's changed, but something has, and I'm going to leave the live beta testing to others, unless anyone else has a way of fixing my issues, as the earache from a pissed of wife is definitely not worth it.

Kindest,

Bullet

Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Sky Q system on either V1.10.1.2 &V1.9... poor wifi

Hello LeBullet

We are working on disconnect issues with the beta firmware and a lot of people have reported it working for them so hopefully we can get that firmware live soon. But if you are interested in the beta firmware send me a PM.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
LeBullet
Apprentice

Re: Sky Q system on either V1.10.1.2 &V1.9... poor wifi

Thanks Darren.

i'm happy to give it a go, you'll know whether this fixes the SkyQ issues then I guess?

i'll PM you,

thanks for comment

aG

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7