Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Slow Download Speed with RBR20

Bosie
Aspirant

Slow Download Speed with RBR20

MBpsWould love some help from the community!

I have upto 900 MBps download speed from my modem (confirmed with wired connection). But when I connect it to my Orbi router and do a wireless speedtest while i'm standing right in front of it, I'm only getting about 200-300 MBps. According to the network map my iPhone is connected to the main router at 5GHz. Can anyone tell me what's going on here?

Thanks!

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
ekhalil
Master

Re: Slow Download Speed with RBR20

What does the speed test in the Orbi app or in the web GUI (under >> ADVANCED >> Setup >> QoS Setup >> ) give you please?

Message 2 of 6
Bosie
Aspirant

Thanks for the tip. I checked the speedtest in the app and found that the download speed is 403.48 Mbps which is faster than my previous test. However, it's still more than 1/2 the speed that I'm getting with a wired connection to my modem. I recognize that I should expect slower speeds with WiFi, but should the degradation be so significant? 

Message 3 of 6
ekhalil
Master

What modem do you have? What is the make and the model please?
Message 4 of 6
Bosie
Aspirant

I have the Hitron E31T2V1 cable modem which is provided by my internet provider Spectrum. The technician was just here a few days back and was getting 900 mbps when he connected directly to the modem.

Also...I just reset back to factory settings and restarted my router. Still getting speeds at about 425 mbps. 

Message 5 of 6
ekhalil
Master

@Bosie wrote:

I have the Hitron E31T2V1 cable modem which is provided by my internet provider Spectrum. ......

This modem is also a router. Although that this should not affect the speed, but if you have Orbi in Router Mode then I think that you'll have many issues.

It seems that this router can't be bridged according to this manual. So I suggest setting Orbi in AP Mode if it's not already in that mode.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7