Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Slow Internet Speeds - Orbi RBK43

mayer222
Aspirant

Slow Internet Speeds - Orbi RBK43

I installed an Orbi RBK43 WiFi system yesterday. After the initial install (via the Orbi app), i was getting internet speeds of about 1-2 mb/second. Prior to this, I was reaching 70 mb/sec with my previous router. After spending an hour with Customer Support, my speeds were back up to the 70 mb/second range. Now, today I am back at ~5 mb/second speeds. This is a bit ridiculous for the price you pay for these mesh systems. I have no confidence in Customer Support, so I figured I would reach out to the community to see what has worked for you. Below is a summary of my setup: Orbi Router placed centrally upstairs in my home. One router is 20 feet away in another upstairs room, while the other satellite is approximately 30 feet away on the main level. I have enabled Implicit Beamforming and MU-MIMO. The main unit is in Router mode. I have IPv6 disabled. Firmware has been updated to the latest V1.12.0.20. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Message 1 of 4
scornwell
Apprentice

Try downgrading your firmware to V1.11.0.20. The latest firmware has some pretty significant issues, including throughput, which seem to be affecting a reasonable number of people.

Message 2 of 4
mayer222
Aspirant

Thank you for your feedback.  I have tried to revert back to the previous firmware version, but it keeps auto updating.  I have not been able to find a setting that turns off the auto-update.

Message 3 of 4
scornwell
Apprentice

For some unfathomable reason there is no setting to disable auto-updates.

Check out the post by Butch1326 halfway down the page here: 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-V1-12-0-18-Discussion/td-p/1320421/page/5

You should be able to find instructions on how to disable updates using some undocumented means.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7