Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Slow Max Wifi Speed or incorrect wifi setting?

dan801
Apprentice

Slow Max Wifi Speed or incorrect wifi setting?

My wifi settings seem to be in-correct or not properly configured. The maximum speed i'm able to achieve on the 5g frequency is only 866mhz and I thought this should be a lot higher? I also can't select the higher level channels in 5g which seems to be part of the problem? Anything I can do to fix this? RBK50

My wifi settings are showing the following;

2.4G Channel 6(P)+10(S)

2.4G Mode Up to 400 Mbps 

5G Channel 36+40+44+48(P) 

5G ModeUp to 866.7 Mbps 

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
ekhalil
Master

Re: Slow Max Wifi Speed or incorrect wifi setting?

1. What speed do you get for wired devices?
2. What wireless device did you use to get the measurements above?
3. Please activate MU-MIMO in the advanced settings and see if this will give improvements for wireless devices.
4. Please make a wifi scan and select a better 5GHz channel that the one you’re currently using if possible. The upper 5GHz channels are reserved for the backhaul link only.
Message 2 of 3
ekhalil
Master

Re: Slow Max Wifi Speed or incorrect wifi setting?

@dan801 wrote:

........ The maximum speed i'm able to achieve on the 5g frequency is only 866mhz ...... 

If you mean that you're getting 866 Mbps with wireless devices then you're really getting the maximum that you can get out of Orbi.

Please see attached table showing the possible bit rates in Orbi depending on the number of used spacial streams (no, dual or multiple MIMO), channel bandwidth (20, 40 or 80 MHz) and the radio conditions.

The maximum possible rate that you can get from Orbi is 866.7 if using dual MIMO, 80 MHz channels and with best radio conditions (MCS 9).

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7