Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Slow ORBI wired speeds

JugalB
Aspirant

Slow ORBI wired speeds

I have the orbi rbk22, the wireless internetspeeds work flawlessly, but when i try to connect my laptop to the orbi via ethernet, the speed is capped at 100mpbs when i look in network and sharing center. My internet plan is 500mbps download which i get connecting to my modem, but i get capped at 100mbps when i connect to the orbi. WHen i checked in prpoerties in network and sharing center, it also says ipv6: no internet access, while ipv4 works. Does anyone know how to fix this? 

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 19
ekhalil
Master

Does your ISP support IPv6? If yes do you have the correct IPv6 in the web GUI under >> ADVANCED >> Advanced Setup >> IPv6 ?

Message 2 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Also try disabling Daisy Chain as well. 

Message 3 of 19
ShankarHokie
Apprentice

1. Who is your ISP? Do they support IPV6?
  2. IPV6 should not matter for speeds. I get the full speed on my desktop via ethernet and IPv4
  3. Have you checked if your network card is capable of 1Gbps? Most old cards are only 10/100
  4. I had similar slow LAN speed and I disabled the daisy chain topology and I got full speed
  5. On the router Advanced => Advanced Setup => IPv6, choose internet connection type as DHCP, IPv6 DNS as automatically get from ISP, and LAN stup as autocnfig
  6. Then test at https://test-ipv6.com/ to see if you get 10/10
Message 4 of 19
JugalB
Aspirant

@ShankarHokie  @ekhalil  My isp is Rogers and yes it does supports ipv6 as well as my network card because ipv6 work and i get the full 500mbps when i connect to my isp modem. I went on to the web GUI and put IPV6 to auto config but it still says ipv6 no internet connnectivity on my laptop. And how do i disable daisy chain? And another piece of info which could be useful is that i connect the laptop to the main orbi not the satellite. 

Message 5 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

@JugalB wrote:

Yes my isp supports ipv6 because i get it when i connect to my isp modem. I went on to the web GUI and put IPV6 to auto config but it still says ipv6 no internet connnectivity on my laptop. 

Message 6 of 19
JugalB
Aspirant

@FURRYe38  where do i get those 2 pieces of information? 

Message 7 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

Look at the modem device that the Orbi is connected too. This modem box should have a stick and branding on it. 

Unless you connect the Orbi router to a wall out let then, don't worry about finding the Mfr and model. 

@JugalB wrote:

Message 8 of 19
JugalB
Aspirant

@ShankarHokie when i ran the test-ipv6 it came with a result saying "no ipv6 address detected", but it work when i plug it into my isp modem.

Message 9 of 19
ShankarHokie
Apprentice

Hi. 

daisy chain.PNG

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 10 of 19
ShankarHokie
Apprentice

ipv6.png

Message 11 of 19
JugalB
Aspirant

@ShankarHokie i am unable to view you latest 2 responces. Here is what it look like from my end: http://prntscr.com/mg6zhz

Message 12 of 19
ekhalil
Master

@ShankarHokie Please send the pictures as attachements in the post, otherwise they will need a moderator's approval if you post as pictures.

Message 13 of 19
ShankarHokie
Apprentice

Thanks @ekhalil 

IPv6 setting attached

Message 14 of 19
ShankarHokie
Apprentice

Daisy chain setting

Message 15 of 19
ekhalil
Master

@JugalB Do you see anything under Router's IPv6 address on WAN below?

Namnlöst.png

Message 16 of 19
JugalB
Aspirant

@ekhalil under Routers ipv6 on WAN it shows 2 up addresses, but under Routers ipv6 address on LAN it says not available.
Message 17 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Look at the modem device that the Orbi is connected too. This modem box should have a stick and branding on it. 

Unless you connect the Orbi router to a wall out let then, don't worry about finding the Mfr and model. 

@JugalB wrote:

Message 18 of 19
ekhalil
Master

@JugalB wrote:
@ekhalil under Routers ipv6 on WAN it shows 2 up addresses, but under Routers ipv6 address on LAN it says not available.

What LAN IPv6 settings do you have?

Message 19 of 19
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7