Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Slow Satellite 2 Speeds

SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

@Codybuts ,

If you are able to access your Orbi, can you post the result from this page?  Replace the IP address (192.168.1.1) with your Orbi IP address.  This will tell us the status of your Backhaul signal strength, which is not to be confused with backhaul status on the Orbi UI.

Message 51 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

Everything is offline again without SATs running so obviously they aren't the issue.
Message 52 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

ext_dev_info = [{ "mac address": "78:D2:94:AE:FE:83", "ip address": "192.168.0.39", "module name": "RBS20", "serial number": "5EK2875M0061C", "signal strength": "-68", "current version": "V2.3.5.26", "backhaul status": "2", "device name": "Orbi Satellite-1" }, { "mac address": "28:80:88:EA:BA:C1", "ip address": "192.168.0.239", "module name": "RBS20", "serial number": "5DL8915W042F1", "signal strength": "-85", "current version": "V2.3.5.26", "backhaul status": "3", "device name": "Orbi Satellite-2" }] ; ext_check_info = [ { }, { "mac address" : "28:80:88:EA:BA:C1", "ip address" : "192.168.0.239", "module name" : "RBS20", "device name" : "RBS20", "check status" : "006", "current version" : "V2.3.5.26", "new version" : "0", "release note" : "", "duration" : "90", "fw download folder from router" : "V2.3.5", "fw download version from router" : "V2.3.5.26", "fw download url" : "https://http.fw.updates1.netgear.com/rbs20/V2.3.5/ww" } ] ; ext_upg_info = [ { }, { } ] ; base_check_info = {"current version": "V2.3.5.26", "new version": "0", "check status": "000"}; base_upg_info = {"upgrade status": "0"}; base_url_status = {"url status": "000"};

Message 53 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

is -68 good for sattelite 1 ?

Message 54 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

i now have it at this

ext_dev_info = [{ "mac address": "78:D2:94:AE:FE:83", "ip address": "192.168.0.39", "module name": "RBS20", "serial number": "5EK2875M0061C", "signal strength": "-60", "current version": "V2.3.5.26", "backhaul status": "2", "device name": "Orbi Satellite-1" }, { "mac address": "28:80:88:EA:BA:C1", "ip address": "192.168.0.239", "module name": "RBS20", "serial number": "5DL8915W042F1", "signal strength": "-72", "current version": "V2.3.5.26", "backhaul status": "2", "device name": "Orbi Satellite-2" }] ; ext_check_info = [ { }, { } ] ; ext_upg_info = [ { }, { } ] ; base_check_info = {"current version": "V2.3.5.26", "new version": "0", "check status": "000"}; base_upg_info = {"upgrade status": "0"}; base_url_status = {"url status": "000"};

with both satellites 5g. one connected to the other.. speeds 300+ near sat 1, and 120 at sat 2 in my garage

now how to stop it from shutting down the net every so often.

Message 55 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

Current settings
Message 56 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

Getting speeds of 105 or so in my garage now.

Router basement front of house
Sat 1 basement back or house ( in window cil pointing garage )

And sat 2 just inside garage door.

Can live with these speeds as long as it stays online.. which it isn't .
Message 57 of 84
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

@Codybuts ,

Satellite-1 backhaul signal strength at -60dBm is ideal, but Satellite-2 backhaul signal strength at -72dBm isn't usable.  Try moving Satellite-2 around to get better signal strength first.  It needs to be higher than -70dBm, ideally between -60dBm to -67dBm.

Message 58 of 84
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

@Codybuts ,

Given your current satellite-2 signal strength at -72dBm, enabling fast roaming, daisy-chain, and short preamble will be a bad combimation.  You can come back to tweak these settings after relocating satellite-2 to get usable backhaul signal strength.

Message 59 of 84
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend getting the RBR and RBS out of the basement and up to the 1st or main floor. Basements are not good for wifi.

Message 60 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

Both are 5g good, and both operable for me right now, with speeds around 110 in my garage . I'm ok with that right now, I wasn't before but I am now.. my issue is the DISCONNECTING!
I left it bridged last night..it ran up til 10am this morning and cut out for a half hour, where it usually cuts out and I have to reboot the modem..

I've spent 17+ hours on the phone, talked to every level of tech, supposed to recieve phone calls back and I don't ..this is the worst customer experience ever
Message 61 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

Now they are sending me an rbr40.

I really hope this fixes my issue.is there a difference between the 2?
Message 62 of 84
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know how the RMA unit does. Hopefully it will fix this. 

Message 63 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

Will do..trying to search on difference between 20 and 40 . Is there any besides the ports on the back ? Does one cover more area ?
Message 64 of 84
FURRYe38
Guru
Codybuts
Aspirant

Hey I'm not quite understanding the table.. does the rbr40 have less flash memory then rbr 20? I can't see or tell the differences lol..does it cover more sq ft ? It'll still work with my rbs20s ?
Message 66 of 84
FURRYe38
Guru

40 and 50 series seem to have more and the same size ram values where the 30 and 20 series have small memory values. 

Check the COVERAGE row to see what each model covers. This of course varies due to the additional RBS included with the RBKit systems. Some have just one RBS, others have two or three RBS included with the RBR. 

Message 67 of 84
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

@Codybuts ,

Typically, Fast Roaming will disconnect its clients if the signal strength is bellow -70dBm, which is the current situation that satellite-2.  Speed is irrelevant if the wireless network is unstable.  Hopefully, the replacement unit will resolve the DISCONNECT issue.

Good Luck!

Message 68 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

Lol recieved an email today saying my rma is cancelled because they didn't receive the other replacements back yet... How about give me a couple days to return it.. no they just want me to be with intermittent Internet even longer..

Netgears such a joke ..20 hours on the phone over my issue, and now I have to call back? And wait for the RMA even longer ?? Too bad I'm working today and can't call and spend another two hours on the god dam phone Pathetic.
Message 69 of 84
FURRYe38
Guru

Thats strange, usally NG sends out RMAs before, then they wait for the return units from the customer. Try asking for a cross shippping RMA. 

@Blanca_O 

Message 70 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

What a joke, was supposed to ship out today..and " still waiting for the correct department " from level 2 lmfao..but when I'm on the phone he puts me on hold and gets it done in 5 minutes..but today it's taking all day, Netgears a fkin joke
Message 71 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

Looks like I won't be recievit my replacement for the weekend cause Netgear sucks, guess I'm gonna have to put $400 product in the closet type up a **bleep** ton of awful reviews and go purchase a new product that works.
Message 72 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

Sent out today pretty sure I won't get it til Monday though.

After monitoring further it seems to disconnect 3-6 times a day , after about a half hour everything is back online
Message 73 of 84
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad your getting something though. 

Might revert back to a prior router setup if you still have one while you wait for the RMA to arrive. 

Message 74 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

Yeah would be the modem router from my isp, but it just doesn't reach far for wifi and we watch Netflix and such farther from the modem router so I'd rather use the broken orbi for now lol.
Thanks for the reply. This is frustrating
Message 75 of 84
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 83 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7