Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Slow Satellite 2 Speeds

Codybuts
Aspirant

Re: Slow Satellite 2 Speeds

I even moved it right beside the doorway, came up blue with good backhaul, two mins later went to poor..try new firmware I guess.

I get better speed when it's the furthest point in my garage ? Both poor.

Edit I guess there is no new firmware everything is up to date must of been the new sat syncing..

Any help is greatly appreciated
Message 26 of 84
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you place new SAT where SAT1 is and place SAT1 where new at is. Does SAT1 experience the same condition? 

Message 27 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

Yes just spent another 2 hours on phone before had to leave for work resyncing and swapping satellites..
600 ish at router..4-500 at sat 1 and sat 2 highest 150, and it also seems wifi is intermittent..one minute I get 4-600 at router and then next every sat and router gets 20-30 even reconnecting device ..then a bit after it goes back..then back down ?
Message 28 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

Am I able to get a refund for this product? I'm quite fed up, at first it was booting me offline every 5 minutes..that's solved... And now I can't get any good speeds out of sat 2 location, aswell as every sat and router dropping to 20-30mbps, even after reconnecting the device and testing again
Message 29 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

I've had it with this product supposed to receive calls back from supervisor's and don't, and it's back to dropping my internet connection after switching to replacement router .. this is not for me
Message 30 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

I'll never buy another Netgear product again , $400 well wasted. 2 call backs I was supposed to recieve from someone who knows what their talking about...50 minutes on the god dam phone now this guy hasn't even started to help me , just keeps me on hold !!!
Never again !
Message 31 of 84
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

@Codybuts ,

Good backhaul status could be misleading in your setup because Orbi's backhaul signal strength is the most important factor in determining each satellite wireless speed.  Given both satellite-1 and satellite-2 have good backhaul status, satellite-2 could be suffering from weak bakchaul signal.  Please check out this post on how to verify your Orbi's backhaul signal strength and its link rate to each satellite.  Try to move satellite-2 around until you get a good backhaul signal strength.

Good Luck!

Message 32 of 84
FURRYe38
Guru

I believe this is a environement issue between the main building and the garage where sat 2 is. Again, buiding materials can effect wifi singnal and performance. 

@Blanca_O 

Message 33 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

Thanks for reply, it's actually issues between router and sat 1 .

Sat 2 usually shows good.

I am fidgeting with placement at the moment starting with sat 1 leaving for ten minutes each time.. waiting for a good. Will report back
Message 34 of 84
FURRYe38
Guru

Does swapping RBS around show the same problem were SAT1 is place? Just seeing if any RBS placed where sat 1 is exhibits this same issue. 

Message 35 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

My router is actually back to the internet not working until resetting my modem .
Message 36 of 84
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem? 

Message 37 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

Arris tg3452a/cg

Today tech had me reserve IP on my modem for the orbi and set it to ap mode. Issue still happening.

I can still access everything it's like speeds r 0mbps

I see there's an option inside my modem for " mac bridging" would this do anything?

Also having issues with getting sat 1 to good status. Directly above modem 15 ft away through wood floor.. where I've had good before

Edit sat 1 is good only 2.4g keeps showing disconnected though when I refresh idk
Message 38 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

Now it's 2.4g poor
Message 39 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

Now it's 2.4g good
Message 40 of 84
FURRYe38
Guru

Is the WiFi on the modem FULLY turned OFF and disabledf? 

Message 41 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

Yes it is 100. Disabled both guest 2.4 5 and same for regular users
Message 42 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

Can I pay you to TeamViewer me or something I really would like this working correctly
Message 43 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

Last night it went for solid 6 hours before everything went offline. Today we put in ap mode etc still happening
Message 44 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

Message 45 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

Message 46 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

Sat 1 showing good 5g but I refresh it says disconnected. I refresh again a few more times still disconnected.

A few more times it's good 5g.

It is now good 5g lol
Message 47 of 84
FURRYe38
Guru

I would let the system settle in and check in about a day or so. Seen it where the UI reports and refreshes the data over a period of time. 

Message 48 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

It hasn't disconnected at the moment but I don't have any satellites plugged in
Message 49 of 84
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok..maybe enable just 1 satellite. 

Message 50 of 84
Top Contributors