Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Slow download fast upload on wired connection

JimH845
Aspirant

Slow download fast upload on wired connection

My base is connected to my cable modem in the basement.  I have 2 satellites on the first floor because my office is too far from the base for a strong connection. My ISP cable speed is 200. In my office, the satellite is connected to a Netgear switch. Also connected to the switch are my desktop computer, 2 other seldom used desktops and a printer. Up until yesterday my desktop download was usually in the 75-80 range and download 30+. Suddenly, my download is around 15 while upload varies between 25 and 30. However, my cellphone registers 100-135 download and 35+ upload sitting next to the satellite. I tried rebooting, restarting, factory default on the switch, swapping satellites, other computer, changing cables, shutting down programs, running setup wizard and nothing seems to fix the pathetic download speed. Any suggestions would be appreciated. OS in Windows 10.

Model: RBK43| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JimH845
Aspirant

Re: Slow download fast upload on wired connection

After many more attempts to fix following numerous online suggestions I came to the conclusion that the problem was something on my computer that I couldn't identify. My pc is still under warranty with Dell so I contacted support and the tech logged on to my computer and after doing some of the things I had already done (check drivers, etc), he went into services and turned a number of them off. Wasn't able to follow all he did but when he was done my computer is now running at 140+ download and 35+ upload. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JimH845
Aspirant

After many more attempts to fix following numerous online suggestions I came to the conclusion that the problem was something on my computer that I couldn't identify. My pc is still under warranty with Dell so I contacted support and the tech logged on to my computer and after doing some of the things I had already done (check drivers, etc), he went into services and turned a number of them off. Wasn't able to follow all he did but when he was done my computer is now running at 140+ download and 35+ upload. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements