Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Slow ethernet speed via Orbi Port

TomMac
Guru

Slow ethernet speed via Orbi Port

This has been driving me a bit crazy lately...

Setup;

Win10 computer / Orbi 50 Main ( and one Sat ) / Cable Modem Arris 1602 / cable speeds 120Mbs+ dwn & 35Mbs+ up

Running latest updates on Win 10 and fw 2.3.1.60 on Orbi main & Sat

Issue;

Slow speeds via ethernet port to Win 10 computer

Seeing  at computer only ( used several speed tests ) 27Mbs down and 35Mbs up.... using same cable direct to modem I see full speeds of 120M/35M ( download only seems effected )

Use to see full speeds at computer till about 10 days ago... during that time I upgraded to fw .60., no other changes that I know of.

( wifi on devices not effected and at full speeds )

Things tried;

Reset modem / full reset Orbi / downgraded FW back to .48 ( and no diff so went back to .60 ) / changed ports / changed cables / removed all other etherent cables but computer / Checked QoS setting ( not on , seeing full cable speeds in QoS speedtest ) / checked win 10 ethernet board setting ( at 1GB )

So it appears the computer is fine as direct to modem I get full speeds, wifi from Orbi is at full speed, only when via Orbi main ethernet port to computer is it slowed down...

Ideas ??

TIA Tom

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru

Re: Slow ethernet speed via Orbi Port

All fiq out... Not Orbi it seems.

tested by setting up second computer / win 10, with same ethernet cable and that gets full cable speeds thru port

So something has changed in the main computer, now to fiq that out.

( but still odd that when direct to modem gives me full speed  on main comp )

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
TomMac
Guru

All fiq out... Not Orbi it seems.

tested by setting up second computer / win 10, with same ethernet cable and that gets full cable speeds thru port

So something has changed in the main computer, now to fiq that out.

( but still odd that when direct to modem gives me full speed  on main comp )

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Besure all background running apps on PC are disabled. Use Ooklaas speed test app vs a web browser. Web browsers can impact speed performance. The app is more direct and no advertisments. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7