Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Slow web browsing - pulling my hair out! RBK53 **Help**

randomguywarwic
Aspirant

Slow web browsing - pulling my hair out! RBK53 **Help**

Hi All - I installed the above Orbi router and 2 sataligts in my bungalow. They are in direct line of sight, R/S/S about 10m apart. Have the router connected to a Archer MR200 4g router (via network cable) in the loft space. I have a wired connection to my sons gaming PC to the router, along with a wirec connection to my NAS drive on the satalite 2. I have about 15 wireless devises. 

Running the latest firmware... 

I get about 20mb down 8mb up. (Wishing BT/Cable would give me real internet!) 

Before buying the orbi, I ran several routers (netowrk in a netowrk) to get house hold coverage, and things ran well. but having 4 different wireless networks was giving me pain as people moved around the house, so incomed Orbi!

I have set this thing up every possible way... As A router, (using the 4g router in bridge mode) I have tried in AP mode so the 4g router runs DHCP. I have tried every rotations on MIMO. Beamforming, daisy chain on and off - MultiMedia on and off. I have tried different DNS Ip addresses, bit ihave this crazt problem, that website seems to take an AGE (Sometimes 20 seconds of more) to load....  Whats funny is, that every device connected through the Wifi, has this issue.... My sons PC that is lardwired to the router, runs fine!!! Its reached a pint where the wife and kids are saying send it back... but i cant believe something this powerful (And Expensive) it must be. asetting somewhere...  Any Ideas??? I readom somehwere about QOS, but i cant seem to access the page i have seen in other forums! 

Thanks! - frustrated in warwick! 

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 10
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Slow web browsing - pulling my hair out! RBK53 **Help**

I have the exact same RBK53 system. When I set mine up, I followed the textbook install through the app. Then I turned on MIMO, Beamforming, daisy chain and QOS. My speeds are incredible.

You say you had multiple switches and routers throughout the home? Can you wire your satellites, as there may be too much interference between the Orbi RBR50 and the RBS50 satellites. My system is wired backhaul because there is some distance between each node.

Message 2 of 10
randomguywarwic
Aspirant

Thanks for the feedback - I did the set up the same... I have removed all the other Wifi switched and routers and even switche of th wifi from the main 4g router to reduce any interference... Hard wiring the Satalights may not be a bad idea, ad i could put them all in the lift. In theory though, i shouldnt need to... Everything on the app is green and good... When i say ots slow, The HD TV streams well, and my son is playing his online games at the same time with no issue, the problem is just when you open an internet browser to surf the web, there is a lag, (big lag) for pages to open.... sometimes you can waite ages, hence with i looked at the DNS... Its just odd that it doens occir on the PC thats hard wired to the router.... I only have 1neighbours so its not like there is any traffic interefering... 

When you say you set the QOS, How exactly did you do this? I can the tick box for multimedia streaming, but cant find anying on QOS..... anywhere!

@Mstrbig wrote:

I have the exact same RBK53 system. When I set mine up, I followed the textbook install through the app. Then I turned on MIMO, Beamforming, daisy chain and QOS. My speeds are incredible.

You say you had multiple switches and routers throughout the home? Can you wire your satellites, as there may be too much interference between the Orbi RBR50 and the RBS50 satellites. My system is wired backhaul because there is some distance between each node.

@Mstrbig wrote:

Message 3 of 10
Mstrbig
Master

Maybe tthe browser needs refreshing or maybe the PC is just not getting a good WIFI connection. Check your WIFI channels to make sure you are on an optimum channel with less traffic. If I remember correctly your internet speed is slow to start with. That can play a huge role when other devices are using the same bandwidth. 

QOS = orbilogin.com - advanced - wireless settings - "Enable WMM (Wi-Fi multimedia) settings"

Message 4 of 10
randomguywarwic
Aspirant

Thanks - Yes, got that one enabled, (Tried on and off) - 

Whats interesting, is if i switch the Orbi off, and just run off the wifi on the  4g router, the speeds are instant for loading webpages... As soon as i run the orbi network, the up and down speed are the same, but the browsing (opening websites) just grinds to halt... I have tried running 2 differnt $g routers, and the smae issue persists... It must be something to do with the wifi on the Orbi.. I know the apple laptops dont "travel well" in that they dont auto switch between the different satalites, it this pain is on all devices, even sitting next to the router... Looked at the wifi anlyser, and the channels are completly clear... clealy something is going on with it....

@Mstrbig wrote:

Maybe tthe browser needs refreshing or maybe the PC is just not getting a good WIFI connection. Check your WIFI channels to make sure you are on an optimum channel with less traffic. If I remember correctly your internet speed is slow to start with. That can play a huge role when other devices are using the same bandwidth. 

QOS = orbilogin.com - advanced - wireless settings - "Enable WMM (Wi-Fi multimedia) settings"

Message 5 of 10
Mstrbig
Master

@randomguywarwic wrote:

Thanks - Yes, got that one enabled, (Tried on and off) - 

Whats interesting, is if i switch the Orbi off, and just run off the wifi on the  4g router, the speeds are instant for loading webpages... As soon as i run the orbi network, the up and down speed are the same, but the browsing (opening websites) just grinds to halt... I have tried running 2 differnt $g routers, and the smae issue persists... It must be something to do with the wifi on the Orbi.. I know the apple laptops dont "travel well" in that they dont auto switch between the different satalites, it this pain is on all devices, even sitting next to the router... Looked at the wifi anlyser, and the channels are completly clear... clealy something is going on with it....

Now I'm confused. So you are saying you still have your router's, not RBR50, WIFI enabled?

Please exaplain your setup from ISP to RBR50

Message 6 of 10
randomguywarwic
Aspirant

Appologies - no.... My internet is sourced through a MR200 4g router.... This is connected to my Orbi, with the MR200 in bridge mode... With Orbi as my "home network and router" in this configuration, i have very slow weblage load time (but fast Streaming and online gaming). the only acception is one PC in the house, hard wired to the Orbi. 

If i swith the Orbi off, and use the mr200 in "Router mode, with the wifi siwtched on - no speed issues ... (but ths coverage wont fill the house) 

If i keep the MR200 in router mode and set Orbi to AP, problem still exisits... So Orbi is doing something somwhere, to dramatically slow down the web surfing. 

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

@randomguywarwic wrote:

Appologies - no.... My internet is sourced through a MR200 4g router.... This is connected to my Orbi, with the MR200 in bridge mode... With Orbi as my "home network and router" in this configuration, i have very slow weblage load time (but fast Streaming and online gaming). the only acception is one PC in the house, hard wired to the Orbi. 

If i swith the Orbi off, and use the mr200 in "Router mode, with the wifi siwtched on - no speed issues ... (but ths coverage wont fill the house) 

If i keep the MR200 in router mode and set Orbi to AP, problem still exisits... So Orbi is doing something somwhere, to dramatically slow down the web surfing. 

Message 8 of 10
randomguywarwic
Aspirant

Hi Furry - very good point - no it hasent.... The updates ran as out a fresh from the box install... Np fectory resent....   That may be a good "next point" to try..

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

I would power OFF the ISP modem for 30 seconds and back ON during the the reset as well. 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7