Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Smaller Model

JCSebag
Aspirant

Smaller Model

Hi! When can we anticipate the smaller version being released? (2000 sq. ft.)
I would love to pre order it ASAP. 😁
My son would love it too... He's constantly complaining about the internet lag when he plays video games and we are using our Smart TV or Internet on our phones as well.
Message 1 of 6
VE6CGX
Master

Re: Smaller Model

May I ask what you mean by smaller version? Smaller version of what?  Many factors to cinsider when things are not working

the way you want.

Message 2 of 6
netwrks
Master

The OP is talking about Orbi..  "The Orbi Kit includes two devices, a router and a satellite" How smaller do you want it....?

Message 3 of 6
JCSebag
Aspirant

On the web site it says a smaller version (2000 sq. feet) is "Coming Soon".

I'm just trying to find out When "coming soon" is. Not concerned about the size, thanks, just don't need that much coverage (4000 sq. feet)!!!!

Message 4 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello JCsebag

What the web site is talking about is just the router without a satellite will cover 2000 sq ft which will be sold separate at a later date.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 6

hi JC

although its size is quite big its no bigger that the mammoth wireless router we are seeing today 

however the orbi isnt going to solve the lag issues your son is getting as that is a bandwidth issue , eg supply and demand , qos may solve this but you might need bandwidth limiting nether of which the orbi has , what type of internet do you have and what speed internet do you get 

pete

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7