Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Smart TV connected directly to Orbi Satellite RBS50 (RBK50 Orbi AC3000)

Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Smart TV connected directly to Orbi Satellite RBS50 (RBK50 Orbi AC3000)

Sorry for posting another newbie question, but when it comes to networking, I not a complete illiterate but close to it.

I live in a relatively large bungalow, with a home office in the basement, where the Orbi RBR50 is located and connected to the cable modem.

The satellite is on located on the main floor; and I've connected the TV directly to it via ethernet cable. 

Here is the newbie question: With the TV hooked directly to the Orbi satellite via Ethernet, does this mean that the satellite no longer functions to connect other devices to it via WiFi? In other words, since the TV is wired to the satellite, any devices used on the main floor would ONLY be able to connect directly to the router, thus loosing the satellite extended capability?

TIA for your help!

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

No, other wireless devices will connect to the satelilite. The satellite is providing wifi extended signal from the base router and also giving wired access connections on the lan ports in back. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

No, other wireless devices will connect to the satelilite. The satellite is providing wifi extended signal from the base router and also giving wired access connections on the lan ports in back. 

Message 2 of 4
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Thanks a milliion! Much appreciated.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7