Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: So any reason why Net gear keeps releasing new updates firmware updates so often?

RedBatman89
Guide

So any reason why Net gear keeps releasing new updates firmware updates so often?

Within the past two months we have gotten four firmware updates in a span of a few weeks apart. Does anyone here know why? Its kinda getting irratating.

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: So any reason why Net gear keeps releasing new updates firmware updates so often?

Probabably a good thing as before users were complainting that NG wasn't releasing updates enough. Seems like NG is just trying to fix issues found and get them to the public is all. Read the release notes for information.

Most users have updated to v60 with out any problems. 

Message 2 of 7
Mooose
Luminary

I don’t know more than what can be found in the release notes, but I sure do prefer frequent updates over no updates.
Message 3 of 7
Chuck_M
Mentor

Just my perspective, but I think they are doing smaller "bites" of problems rather than massive updates.  That is how a lot of software developers are doing it as well these days... 

I also prefer this method.

Message 4 of 7
Reddking
Guide

So who complains about a company actually addressing issues on a more frequent basis than typical??

You’ve simply gotta be a malcontent if you do.. plain and simple! Nothing will satisfy you if you can honestly say that NETGEAR releasing more frequent firmware updates irritates you..

My Orbi system I’ll admit wasn’t the most stable shortly after I bought it.. and it had gotten more UNSTABLE as the patches had been getting released about 6-9 months ago around the 2.1.4.16 Firmware release. Now however.. the increase in frequency has clearly had a positive regression toward quality and stability. I applaud the approach and I hope NETGEAR continues forward.. not paying any mind to people who do nothing but find fault particularly where there isn’t any legitimate claim or case.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 5 of 7
RedBatman89
Guide

Well its that I'm more afarid of something getting borked after constant updates. 

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Well users now have the choice to update there systems now. NG is no longer auto updating Orbi systems. Orbi system now let the user know that there is an available update. It's saved to the systems cache, however it's up to the user to apply it. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7