Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Solid magenta light on RBR50

dpirovolos
Aspirant

Solid magenta light on RBR50

Woke up this morning and noticed that my Nest Hello doorbells were offline.  Checked my RBR50 and there was a solid magenta light.  Been troublshooting most of the day.  Rolled back to old firmware versions, restored to factory defaults, reconfigured RBR50 and RBS50, etc.  Rebooting the router and modem seems to bring everything back up for abourt 5 minutes or so before I get a message that my wifi network has no internet connectivity.  Confirmed that by connecting my MBP directly to my modem via ethernet (no internet).  If I then reboot my modem again and just keep my MBP connected directly to the modem via ethernet, the connection seems to be just fine and stays up for longer than 5 minutes.  Seems to be some sort of issue going on between the RBR50 and my modem (Arris TM1602).  I should add that this combo has been working relatively flawlessly for years other than minor outages here and there due to power outages, cable outages, etc.  Any ideas?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
dpirovolos
Aspirant

Re: Solid magenta light on RBR50

@vajim wrote:

Perhaps this will help 

https://kb.netgear.com/31014/How-do-I-change-my-Orbi-admin-login-password

Yeah, that's exactly what I did but it's not submitting for some reason when I hit "apply".  I'm going to leave it alone for now and I'll try again some other time.  I wasted enough time on this yesterday.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you powered OFF the Modem, RBR and RBS for 30 seconds, then power ON the modem first, then RBR, then RBS? 

Message 2 of 6
dpirovolos
Aspirant

I did all of that and then some; however, looks like my ISP was having issues in my area so that was the cause of my problems.  Don't know why I didn't think to check on that first (maybe because they rarely have issues), but it cost me half of my day yesterday.  Live and learn I guess.  Always check with your ISP to see if they're having issues before you pull your hair out troubleshooting your router.

Message 3 of 6
dpirovolos
Aspirant

One thing I did notice during this whole process though is that I am unable to change my admin password for some reason (I chose a simple one during setup after I did a factory reset but now I want to change it).  When I go to change the password, answer my security questions and hit "apply", nothing happens - it just stays there and nothing ever changes.  Is there some type of known issues with that?  Every time I log in it asks me to change my password because it's not secure or whatever, and I would like to do that even though I know I can choose to ignore it and permanently hide that message.  Changing my password should be easy enough.

Message 4 of 6
vajim
Master

Message 5 of 6
dpirovolos
Aspirant

@vajim wrote:

Perhaps this will help 

https://kb.netgear.com/31014/How-do-I-change-my-Orbi-admin-login-password

Yeah, that's exactly what I did but it's not submitting for some reason when I hit "apply".  I'm going to leave it alone for now and I'll try again some other time.  I wasted enough time on this yesterday.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7