Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Some devices stuck at 2.4Ghz

vhoog20
Aspirant

Some devices stuck at 2.4Ghz

I have installed my orbi RBK22. Some devices only make a 5Ghz connection tot the router. when they are connected to the satellite (RBS20) they only connect at 2.4Ghz. Doesnt matter their proximity. So for those devices it works better to just turn of the satellite so i can force them to connect to the router. This shouldnt be normal. The devices that only connect at 2.4Ghz when they are connected trough a sattelite are * LG Oled TV (2017 model, webOS3.5) * Android 8.0 Smartphone
Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What channels are you using on the Orbi router? Try manual 1, 6 or 11.

What is the distance between the router and satellite?

What FW version are you using on the Orbi system?

Ensure these devices are 5Ghz supporting...

Message 2 of 4
vhoog20
Aspirant

Running 2.4.1.16 The devices support 5Ghz. As I said, when I turn of the satellite those devices do make a 5Ghz connection with the router. Its just the satellites they dont want to connect to using 5Ghz Satellite is about 15m away from the router. The satellite does show a 5GHz backhaul connection with good quality Changing channels doesnt seem to make a difference.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

You might do a ERASE on the satellite and then readd it and see if this helps. 
I would also do a re-load of FW on the satellite using IE11 or FF browser, ERASE, the re-add it. 

If this doesn't help, then possibly the satellite is bad and needs to be RMAd. Contact NG support and ask about this. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7