Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Sonos and Astros A50 and Orbi

thetrent005
Aspirant

Re: Sonos and Astros A50 and Orbi

Ok disabled all firewalls on the ATT modem - apple music to sonos wouldnt play

2) as well as Packet filtering.   - suddenly played for a song - then i tried to fast forward to next song and stopped -

One thing that is odd to me - 

On the passthrough line on ATT side - drop down box - i pick my Orbi - and mac address shown ends in 04

However - when i go through the Orbi app on phone, it shows mac address for orbi ends in 03. ( see screen shots below )

Little nervouse about disabling all firewalls on the att modem? fromphone.jpegpassthrough.jpgfirewallafter.jpg - because under Orbi -> advanced -> security - I dont see a lot of firewall like rules other than block this site - or block that - parental controls - schedule - email - all of which appear to be blank 

Message 26 of 32
thetrent005
Aspirant

rebooted everything - modem - orbi - seems to work for 15 seconds then sonos cuts off - 

can not figure out what has suddenly caused this interference - this all worked from Sept until about 2 weeks ago or so - was sick for 10 days so wasnt playing music for a bit lol 

Message 27 of 32
ekhalil
Master

@thetrent005 wrote:

rebooted everything - modem - orbi - seems to work for 15 seconds then sonos cuts off - 

can not figure out what has suddenly caused this interference - this all worked from Sept until about 2 weeks ago or so - was sick for 10 days so wasnt playing music for a bit lol 

It seems that the Passthrough is not working properly for some reason. Do you want to test Orbi in AP Mode instead? SO return back the ISP router to as it was before and set Orbi in AP Mode.

This way we can check if the problem is really related to double NAT or if it's a radio issue.

Message 28 of 32
thetrent005
Aspirant

reverted everything back - and on the orbi as well - going off of screen shots and few things from memory - co existence etc 

switched to AP mode - took a couple of minutes - not sure if the Orbi rebooted or not - once it came back up - still wouldnt work.

I went upstairs and power cycled the two satellites - all my ring devices - unplugged all my sonos speakers -

Plugged in only one speaker same room where the orbi ap exists .. didnt seem to work

Took the single speaker upstairs to the satellite and hardwired the speaker to the satellite and it is currently working ...

powered up my play 5 wirelesly - so far it seems to work -  So not sure what will happen just yet once i disconnect the cat5 cable from satellite to standalone play1 - will update 

Message 29 of 32
thetrent005
Aspirant

I stop the play1 - and power up my play5 wirelessly - and it works without issue -

I stop the play 5

I unplug the play 1 that was wired directly into the satellite .. and unplug the power and replug the power

I try to play the play5 - and the same error the connection to Apple Music ( or Spotify) has been lost

i try to play the play1 that is now wireless as well - same error the connection to apple music has been lost -

Message 30 of 32
ekhalil
Master

Please note that when you wire a Sonos speaker, it will start acting as a wifi AP for all other Sonos speakers and will broadcast a new network that the other speakers will connect to and broadcast further to other speakers, to form a Sonos mesh network.

So whenever you connect a speaker you need to setup the wireless speakers from the bigining, and the same again when you disconnect the wired speaker.

Message 31 of 32
thetrent005
Aspirant

Thanks ! Well that is a bummer ..

Cool will try it later tonight or the weekend, frustrated from messing with it .. so basically just go through the steps in Sonos to reset up all speakers .. will give it a go .. thanks again
Message 32 of 32
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 31 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7