Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Sonos error after latest firmware update V2.3.1.60 - RBR50 & RBS50

Seattlites
Aspirant

Sonos error after latest firmware update V2.3.1.60 - RBR50 & RBS50

I can't really say for sure what happened after updating to the latest firmware (V2.3.1.60) two days ago, but:

• Sonos will no longer function even though my Sonos speakers still show as connected and

Interestingly enough, a number of WiFi devices show they are not connected (they're in the middle bucket of allowed by not connected on the Access Control screen), yet actually are connected; this situation seems to change depending on how many times I refresh the screen and reset the router.  This piece has corrected itself for now, but Sonos still fails to operate at all.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Seattlites
Aspirant

Re: Sonos error after latest firmware update V2.3.1.60 - RBR50 & RBS50

After over an hour on the phone with Sonos, unplugging one speaker and swapping it with another and then putting it all back the way it started, it turned out to be some kind of esoteric Sonos issue.  Sonos published an update recently as well.  This does not look like it has anything to do with the Orbi FW update.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Was the FW updated thru the RBRs UI and continued after the update or has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed after the FW was updated? 

Message 2 of 6
Seattlites
Aspirant

Yes, I updated the firmware via the on-screen UI.  I've never factory reset the devices (RBR+RBS50's).

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

A reset and setup from scratch maybe needed. 

Message 4 of 6
Seattlites
Aspirant

After over an hour on the phone with Sonos, unplugging one speaker and swapping it with another and then putting it all back the way it started, it turned out to be some kind of esoteric Sonos issue.  Sonos published an update recently as well.  This does not look like it has anything to do with the Orbi FW update.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got the Sonos working. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation