Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Speed test

BonsaiBuddha
Initiate

Speed test

I have a orbi AC3000. When I check my Internet speed using the orbi app on my iPad I get 380 Mbps down, 50 Mbps up. When I use fast.com I get 140 Mbps. Speedtest.net app I get 196 down and 48 up.

Hardwire to the orbi is 580 Mbps.

Anyone else see this discrepancy between the orbi app speed with the Speedtest.net speed?

Thanks
Message 1 of 3
Xalint1
Aspirant

Re: Speed test

The Orbi App is showing the wired speed not your wireless speed. If you were to hook a wired connection to a computer from your RBR50 {AC3000} and did the speed test on Speedtest.net you would expect to see the 380Mbps Down and 50 Mbps up of course depending on what server you choose and ping etc you. You stated that hardwired you are seeing 580Mps is that using the same server? It maybe the ipad wireless limitions.

Message 2 of 3
BonsaiBuddha
Initiate

Re: Speed test

Ok thanks for explaining. Yes, the hardwire is on the same server. On my laptop that I had hardwired, I get about 180 down from wifi (3 feet from orbi router). I'm currently working with the netgear techs to help get my wifi speed up.

Thanks for your help
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7