Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Starlink and Orbi Model RBR50

chipporter
Follower

Starlink and Orbi Model RBR50

From a post I saw in this community, it looks like I could very well have a problem trying to put my Orbi in Access Point mode and put it behind my new Starlink router. I am running the latest Orbi version (V2.7.4.24). I'd like to keep all my wireless connections currently on the Orbi, as well as the Orbi Range Extender. Has this issue been addressed in this latest s/w version? Am I going to have to buy something else?  If it will work, I'd like to find step-by-step instructions...Thanks for any input!

Message 1 of 2

Re: Starlink and Orbi Model RBR50

@chipporter wrote:

From a post I saw in this community, it looks like I could very well have a problem trying to put my Orbi in Access Point mode and put it behind my new Starlink router.

What problems would these be? This should be a straightforward task. Have you tried it?

How do I configure my Orbi router to act as an access point? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Or check the manual. Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Look for the model number on the label on the device.

Check the section in the manual Use the router as a WiFi access point

You may have done that already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear gave up on supplying paper manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Id like to keep all my wireless connections currently on the Orbi, as well as the Orbi Range Extender. Has this issue been addressed in this latest s/w version?

What issue? You have tried it an hit a problem? You read something somewhere?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7