Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Start up timing for Orbi

chuahyen
Follower

Start up timing for Orbi

Hi

Before i purchase another expensive router, may i know how long does it takes for the ORBI to start up (switched on) until the wireless can be seen from the client?

I regreted buying the ASUS AC5300 which is soooo slow in starting up. It took more than 10 minutes from switch on to the wireless LED is shown.

2 more things, can ORBI support bonjour services for Airplay and Printers?

Does it allow broadcast on the broadcast address x.x.x.255? This is not implemented on the ASUS router. Very disappointed with ASUS routers

please advise

chris

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3
TheEther
Guru

Re: Start up timing for Orbi

I can't comment on the startup time for the Orbi, although I'm curious why this matters.  Routers should be left on.  Do you live in an area where power failures are common?  If so, investing in a UPS might be a good idea.

I wanted to comment on directed broadcast (i.e. x.x.x.255).  Support for directed broadcasts has largely been dropped on most networking gear because it can be used as a DoS attack to melt down a subnet.  See RFC 2644 for the recommendation by the IETF (Internet Engineering Task Force).  The IETF is the standards body that develops and defines Internet networking protocols, including TCP/IP.  So, don't blame Asus.  They are following best practice.

Message 2 of 3

Re: Start up timing for Orbi

1. by the time you turn on the router and sat/s and they do their handshake and sync and the system is up and running usually less than a minute

2. no idea sorry , not an apple guy

3. you can change both the lan ip address and the lan ip subnet address on the lan page of the orbi setup

pete

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7