Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Strange wireless backhaul status! (RBR20 - V2.3.5.30)

magedsabri
Tutor

Strange wireless backhaul status! (RBR20 - V2.3.5.30)

Hello,

I have a strange situation with my Orbi setup, I have the Router and a Satalite_Basement in one floor, on another floor i have 2 Satalites, Satalite_Living Room and Satalite_Orbi Voice, I'm connecting them with a wirless backhaul.

Satalite_Basement backhaul connection through the router (Backhaul Status: Good)

Satalite_Living Room backhaul connection through Satalite_Basement (Backhaul Status: Poor)   

Satalite_Orbi Voice backhaul connection through Satalite_Living Room (Backhaul Status: Good)   

in the web interface i have the connection as stated above, in the mobile app it shows diffrently, i don't know which one is the correct one, also when I connected the Satalite_Living Room it was showing a solid blue color which means connection is good, why it is shwoing poor in the Backhaul Status.

I have attached an images to clarify more.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Strange wireless backhaul status! (RBR20 - V2.3.5.30)

Swap RBS postions to see if the status follows or changes. 

Power OFF all RBS then bring then ON 1 at a time to check status. 

Possible Orbi App issue. 

Where is your phone connected too when your working with the app? Should be at the RBR. 

Distance should not be less that 30 feet. More distance is preferred. However building materials will impact the signal. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What happens if you temporarily turn OFF the RBS and leave 1 ON at a time. 

Is Daisy Chain enabled?

Seen various issues with the Orbi App. It should be working ok. 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Message 2 of 6
magedsabri
Tutor

@FURRYe38 wrote:

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

It is 30 Feet or a less.

What happens if you temporarily turn OFF the RBS and leave 1 ON at a time. 

It works only if the RBS is close to RBR which is only 1 in my case.

Is Daisy Chain enabled?

Yes

Seen various issues with the Orbi App. It should be working ok. 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Yes

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Possible Orbi App issue. 

Where is your phone connected too when your working with the app? Should be at the RBR. 

Distance should not be less that 30 feet. More distance is preferred. However building materials will impact the signal. 

Message 4 of 6
magedsabri
Tutor

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Possible Orbi App issue. 

I moved  2 RBS few feet, then turned all off and then one on at a time, now all is greed, thanks a lot 🙂

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad it's working now. Placement is key. There can be a sweet spot, sometimes you just gotta find it. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7